Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Seriously???

For months my hubby & I have been planning a return trip to MD for a family wedding. It was a difficult decision... Mira & I have never been apart. My mother in law offered to stay at our house so the girls will be in familiar surroundings.
Hubby & I were planning a long weekend of reconnection, rest, fun... Stress free.
Well... That was MY plan.
On Friday am Mira woke up complaining of being "sick". When I touched her she was warm... Sure enough 101.5 I dosed her up with some meds & kept her home from school. As the day went on she acted better but began to complain of pain in her leg. Greg & i left for MD. Well to make a long complicated story short, Mira spiked to 103.8! After speaking with Dr Standard he said she needed to go to the ER... Just what I want to throw on my MIL!! First they tested her for strep & she was positive. They were planning to discharge her on oral antibiotics. Her blood work came back with elevated white blood cells.. This landed her 2 1/2 days in the hospital on IV antibiotics! Come to find out her strep throat spread to her pin sites!! Praise God this infection was caught & is responding (slowly) to meds. We are scheduled to leave Thursday morning to go back to Baltimore for removal of her fixator on Friday! We are STOKED to see Mira metal free with STRAIGHT legs. I will be sure to post before & after photos.
If you think of Mira over the next few days please say a prayer for her.
Oh & by the way.. The weekend get away was ANYTHING but relaxing! Try stressed out from beginning to end! I feared Mira would suffer this separation & we could lose some of the amazing bonding that has happened... But God is faithful. He heard our prayers & calmed her heart!! Thank you!!! And thank you to Kara & Joe for taking good care of all 4 girls!!
Be blessed!
Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment