Friday, December 9, 2011

I have been blessed....

Where do I begin.....
Several weeks ago I received surprise photos of Mira, this was a miracle in itself because Mira is from a relatively small orphanage that isn't doing many adoptions right now. While the photos were a HUGE blessing, they were just shots she was in, some profile, some she was in the background etc.
Last week I decided to order an orphanage call from Ladybugs n Love. With this call you can ask 10 questions and hope for a photo or two! It takes 7-10 days to get a response.
So, each and every morning since the first thing I would do when I'd wake up is run to my computer to see if there was a "surprise" for me! So...... yesterday morning I woke upto my ipad chiming that I had mail...I checked my regular email, nothing. For whatever reason i decided to check my "adoption email" which is a yahoo account. LOW AND BEHOLD there were 18 (yes 18) photos of my precious girl...AHHHHHHHHHH~!!!!! But let me explain, these were NOT from Ladybugs n Love, they were froma family who had the awesome opportunity to meet Mira FACE TO FACE!!!!!!! This is not uncommon in the adoption world but it is uncommon at this orphanage. The last several visitors have been denied access to the inside of the orphanage and have not met the kids. I cannot post all the details but just trust me when I say that God had his hand in this one! The greatest thing is they have video too but I will have to wait patiently until they arrive home to send to me in the mail as it is quite large! To say the least i was on cloud nine!!!! We spent much of the morning ohh-ing & ahh-ing over the pics! I told Greg this was the best gift EVER! Little did I know the day wasn't over yet! In the afternoon came that awesome update that I requested~~wooohoo!
it had each question answered including one special request....I. GOT. VIDEO. I can watch my girl in action...ooh my...giddy just doesn't describe how I feel. To see my girl walk on those twisted legs is AMAZING, simply AMAZING. But get this....she can RUN!!!!!!!
These are some of the qauestions I had answered:
3. What is her favorite toy?

Doll. She likes to wrap a doll with a towel and hold it in her arms. She will put a doll in her bed and sleep with her.


4. When she is sad, how do you comfort her?

Talk with her gently or take her outside and play.


5. Is she potty trained?

Yes. She goes potty herself.


6. Is it possible to get a short video of her walking to prepare myself to receive her?

Yes. Please see attachment


7. How long/ tall is she including the twisting in her legs?

Height: 86cm (33 1/2inches); Weight: 13kg(28 lbs); Foot: 13.5cm(5.5 inches~sz 8)

She has gained 4 pounds since her last update, but boy is she tiny! I'm thinking size 3T clothes!!! Enough of my blabbing, sit back and watch her move!!!

But one last thing before I go. I spent the day wondering how I deserved such a special surprise yesterday...but really I shouldn't be surprised. We are all loved so very much by our Heavenly Father, this was just a small token to show He is with me on this journey. One that often feels lonely....



5 comments:

  1. PRECIOUS!!! What a little trooper! Thanks so much for sharing this. We have just started our journey to China and are looking forward to connecting with other China families. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks so happy! Congratulations on such a wonderful surprise!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at her RUN!!!! Amazing!! So happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How absolutely amazaing, and touching. How wonderful to be able to have current pictures and video to help you in preparing to bring Mira home to be with her 3 fabulous sisters!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a blessing!!!!!! She is just beautiful and I loved hearing her laugh!

    ReplyDelete