Thursday, August 22, 2013

Open Eyes

Open the eyes of my heart, Lord
Open the eyes of my heart
I want to see you, I want to see you.

To see You high and lifted up
Shinin' in the light of Your glory
Pour out Your power and love
As we sing holy, holy, holy

I can't imagine how the world looks to Mira now. Her entire life, all 7+ years of it has been viewed through tiny slits.

Today, this all changed, she will never see the same again! 
Praise God!
I have to say, my initial sight of her was very emotional. I could see her eyes for the first time.
They seemed so deep, innocent. It was like I could see directly into her heart.
They eyes of my heart were open.
Living with Mira on a daily basis for a year and a half, going thru the ortho stuff & seeing her grow. We've sorta gotten used to her eyes.
I can not imagine seeing life in such darkness. Today we put this behind us and focus forward.... Shining in the light of God's glory! 
Praise be to him forever & always!






5 comments:

  1. Congratulations Mira!! Such beautiful eyes for everyone to see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Beautiful BROWN eyes!!! Blessings on a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never commented but have followed along. Shaking my head and praising the Lord looking at that first picture. Her legs are straight and her eyes are open - how wonderful! She is a beautiful girl, love her smile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. God is so good. And I love that song.

    ReplyDelete