Sunday, March 18, 2012

God is Everywhere...

OMNIPRESENCE-definition; to be present everywhere simultaneously

While this meaning seems humanly impossible to me, it is real. God IS omnipresent. He has been with us in China & he has been with my family in MD and in CO with Kara's family. I am so thankful to God for His presence in my life and to continue to feel it here, half way around the world is amazing!

This morning we attend Christ Church on Shamain Island. The service was very good. It was done in Chinese & English, the message was spoken in Mandarin or Cantonese then translated into English. The message was on The Prodigal Son Luke 15:11-32. Then they have a testimony time. A young man shared his story of being diagnosed with Leukemia 2 years ago. He was not a believer at the time but since has come to know Jesus as his savior. He shared that he has been near death many times and God continues to spare him his life. In the time he has been sick his parents & sister too have been saved. He feels as though his diagnosis was a gift from God. It was very emotional but beautiful at the same time. They sang praise songs in both languages as well but I have to say it was powerful even when I couldn't understand. This is the power of God, you can hear songs being sung, not in English yet know exactly what they mean. I am so thankful to have had the opportunity to visit & worship in this church in China.
We were on a mission to find some specific items today so we spent the afternoon shopping. And finished the afternoon with an early dinner at Lucy's. This is an American style restaurant. Mira had a cheeseburger which she enjoyed dipping every bite into ketchup.
Just a few pics:




























Counting the days until I see my family...
Love,
Vanessa


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Duobao Rd,Guangzhou,China

No comments:

Post a Comment